ComET (Computer and Electronics Technology)
For Eligible PVCC Students
Enrolled in the Following Programs:
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Information Technology
- Computer Networking and Support Technologies
The ComET Project Internship Program offers paid internships through a grant from the National Science Foundation. PVCC students majoring in Electronics Technology or Information Technology are eligible to participate in a paid internship with area technology employers. Students who complete the prerequisite courses can participate in a 3-credit internship and earn $12 per hour for 135 hours in one semester.
Internship Eligibility Requirements
- Completion of CSC 110, ETR 164, ITN 101, and at least one technical elective. Technical electives include:
- ETR 113, ETR 149, ETR 203, ETR 290
- ITN 106, ITN 120, ITN 151, ITN 170, ITN 260
- ITP 120, ITP 132, ITP 200, ITP 220
- CSC 201, CSC 202, CSC 205
- MTH 115, MTH 163, MTH 164, MTH 173
- Completion of the Online Student Internship Orientation
- A minimum GPA of 2.0
Placement into a ComET Project Internship is not guaranteed. Eligible students are referred to area technology employers who screen internship candidates based on their resume, cover letter, interview and transcript. Assistance is available for developing a resume and cover letter and preparing for the interview process.
For additional information please review the ComET Project Student Internship Packet and schedule an appointment with Jaylyn Stahl, Program Liaison, to answer your questions about the program and assist you in preparing for the interview process.
Mark Fitzgerald, Faculty Advisor/Grant PI
Main Building, Room M821
Jaylyn Stahl, Program Liaison
Main Building, Room M265