It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia and of Piedmont Virginia Community College that personal information about citizens will be collected only to the extent necessary to provide required services or benefits, that only appropriate information will be collected and that citizens shall understand the reasons information is collected and be able to examine their personal records which are maintained by a public body.
This Web site:
- Collects no personal information.
- Does not place a "cookie" on your computer.
- Will not track your movements through the Web site.
Questions or comments concerning the content of this Web site may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Release of Information About Students
PVCC complies with FERPA, the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, when releasing information about students. The following directory information will be released: name, address, telephone listing, electronic email address, date of birth, dates of attendance, honors earned, programs of enrollment and degrees and the diplomas or certificates earned.
As a PVCC student, you have the ability to maintain the privacy of your record through your student MyPVCC account. If you do not want PVCC to disclose information from your educational records without your prior written consent, you must utilize MyPVCC to restrict your information. Instructions for restricting any or all of your information are below.
How to Set Your Privacy Settings Online Through MyPVCC
- Navigate to the PVCC Web site - www.pvcc.edu.
- Click the MyPVCC link.
- Click the Self Service link.
- Click the Campus Personal Information link.
** FYI - This is where students go to update addresses and telephone numbers when/if they change.
- Click the Privacy Settings link.
- Click the green box that is labeled Edit FERPA/Directory Restrictions
- Here you will see all of the types of student information- email, address, etc. If there is any information that you wish to be withheld from any outside agency/organization, you must click the box beside that particular type of information.
- Once you have completed your privacy settings, please click the SAVE button.
- Please note: once you save this information PVCC will not release your restricted items unless you provide written permission to do so. Please keep this in mind if you know that someone/some agency will be verifying any of your educational information.