November 11, 2013
Annual Faculty Arts Show Opens Nov. 22
Charlottesville, Va. - Piedmont Virginia Community College will open two new exhibits on Friday, Nov. 22, with a free reception from 5-7 p.m. in the PVCC Gallery, located in the V. Earl Dickinson Building. The show runs through Jan. 29, 2014. The North Gallery will feature the following works:
- Tom Clarkson, professor of art, wheel-thrown ceramic vessels.
- Stacey Evans, instructor of graphic design and photography, digital prints.
- Aaron Miller, instructor of computer graphics, a series of drawings.
- Nancy Ross, instructor of ceramics, hand-built ceramic vessels.
- Jane Skafte, instructor of graphics, drawings.
- Beryl Solla, art department chair and gallery curator, thrown and hand-built vessels.
- Jeremy Taylor, director of the graphic design program, mixed-media pieces.
- Rick Weaver, instructor of painting and drawing, in-progress studies for paintings.
- Rebekah Wostrel, instructor of sculpture, ceramic vessels.
The South Gallery will feature a one-person show entitled "Open Sesame" by Fenella Belle. The exhibit will feature a large installation which will incorporate Belle's love of printmaking, painting and sculpture.
Belle received her Master of Fine Arts from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and has taught at PVCC for over a decade. In addition, she divides her time working at Kluge-Ruhe Aboriginal Art Collection, The McGuffey Art Center and The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts in Richmond.
For more information, contact Beryl Solla, professor of art, at 434.961.5362 or email email@example.com.
The PVCC Gallery, located in the V. Earl Dickinson Building for Humanities and Social Sciences, is open 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays and 1 to 5 p.m. Saturdays. A complete list of PVCC's 2013-14 season of fine and performing arts events is available at www.pvcc.edu/performingarts.