Get the CRC Credential Now to Advance Your Career!
A Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) will enable you to:
- Rank above other job applicants who do not have the CRC credential
- Show perspective employers concrete proof of your skills
- Improve your success in entry-level jobs
- Enhance your chance for promotion
How the CRC Works
If you apply for a CRC, you will be tested at PVCC for skills and knowledge in three areas as defined by the WorkKeys® skills assessment system:
- Reading for information
- Locating information
- Applied mathematics
Based on your score, you may earn a Gold, Silver or Bronze CRC.
- Gold signifies that a recipient possesses skills for 85 percent of jobs profiled by WorkKeys® in the three areas. Gold-level Skills in Detail.
- Silver signifies that a recipient possesses skills for approximately 65 percent of jobs profiled by WorkKeys® in these areas. Silver-level Skills in Detail.
- Bronze level signifies that a recipient possesses skills for approximately 30 percent of the jobs profiled by WorkKeys® in these three specific skill areas. Bronze-level Skills in Detail.
Employers and the CRC
The Virginia Skills Bank - a searchable database showing CRC and skill levels of Virginia workers - helps companies make informed decisions by certifying that a recipient possesses core skills in applied math, reading for information and locating information. Click here for more information about the CRC program.