Position Title: Fiscal Technician
Division/Office: Business Office
Immediate Supervisor: Business Office Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reference, criminal background checks required.
Piedmont Virginia Community College seeks a full-time experienced Fiscal Technician to provide fiscal support for the Business Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accounts payable, data entry, account and bank reconciliations, fixed asset inventory, vendor file maintenance, records retention, and backup to the college cashier.
- Provide employees with travel guidelines and process travel reimbursement vouchers.
- Assist the Business Manager and the Senior Accountant as required.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and procedures; strong computer skills with Microsoft Office including Excel spreadsheets; ability to interpret and apply rules and regulations, policies and procedures; ability to audit, reconcile and detect errors and resolve discrepancies.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
- Course work in accounting required.
- High school diploma required.
- AAS degree or above in a business related field preferred. Experience in the state government system with working knowledge of CARS and PeopleSoft or equivalent software.
In order to better serve our customers, PVCC will only accept online applications submitted through the Virginia Jobs site for this position. PVCC will not accept hand-delivered applications or applications submitted by mail, email, or fax. Cover letters, resume/curriculum vitae, and unofficial transcripts must be attached electronically to the online application.
Salary: Salary based on experience and qualification
Application Package must include:
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references
Deadline: April 26, 2013
Piedmont Virginia Community College is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.