Position Title: HVAC Technician
Division/Office: Buildings & Grounds
Immediate Supervisor: Facilities Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reference, criminal background checks required.
Piedmont Virginia Community College seeks a full-time experienced HVAC Technician.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform maintenance and repair operations pertaining to medium to large sized complex heating and cooling systems controlled by Siemens DDC control system. Will diagnose causes of equipment breakdowns, test parts with appropriate instruments, disassemble and assemble parts, and make necessary repairs to equipment and associated components. Daily operation "Siemens" and "Panasonic" BAS software will be required to make necessary changes.
- Maintain cooling tower water treatment and tower distribution system and provide estimates for equipment repairs with Facilities Manager.
- Service and maintain refrigeration equipment, refrigerators, walking freezers/coolers/ice makers, air compressors, chillers, boilers, commercial water heaters, ductless cooling/heating system, ventilation, IT server rooms cooling, other duties as assigned with in HVAC trade.
- Maintain records of repairs or equipment requiring future service; determine and schedule preventive maintenance.
- Monitor energy consumption and maintain the energy management system for the college. Report all problems to Facilities Manager troubleshoot and make repairs as necessary.
- Perform light plumbing maintenance, install plumbing supply and drain lines
- Candidates must have 5+ years commercial service experience, EPA technician level 3 certification, excellent communication skills, and possess an HVAC Journeyman's or Master's license.
- Candidates for this position should be well experienced with duct work, electrical, hot/chilled water loop, operation of cooling towers and chillers, and roof top packages up to 100 tons.
- Candidates are expected to have strong knowledge of OSHA safety regulations, good organization and administrative skills to maintain paperwork/work order material.
- Knowledge pertaining to care and maintenance of all types of HVAC equipment ranging from 1 ton heat pumps to 100 ton chillers
- Substantial experience working in HVAC
- EPA Certification for handling Freon and other liquids
In order to better serve our customers, PVCC will only accept online applications submitted through the Virginia Jobs site for this position. PVCC will not accept hand-delivered applications or applications submitted by mail, email, or fax. Cover letters, resume/curriculum vitae, and unofficial transcripts must be attached electronically to the online application.
Salary: Salary based on experience and qualification
Application Package must include:
- Virginia Employment Application
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references
Deadline: Open until filled
Piedmont Virginia Community College is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.