Position Title: Summer Career Academies (SCA) Counselor
Division/Office: Workforce Services
Immediate Supervisor: Summer Career Academies Director
Employment Type: Part-Time
Reference, criminal background checks required.
The SCA program at PVCC seeks a Counselor for the Summer Career Academies program June 17th - August 9th.
Hours: 8:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m. or 11:45-4:45 p.m. M-F for the following weeks: June 17-21, June 24-28, 7/08-7/12, 7/15-7/19, 7/22-7/26, 7/29-8/02, 8/05-8/09, as well as 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 12, for mandatory training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist PVCC faculty with hands-on lessons for up to 16 rising 3rd-9th-grade students.
- Supervise safe drop-off and pick-up of students.
- Assist director with logistical coordination of SCA program and support of instructors.
- Organize snacks and supplies, and deliver to classes as necessary.
- Plan and lead games during lunchtimes and during transition and break times.
- Ensure safety of students and follow emergency procedures.
- Serve as a role model for students.
- Attend half-day training prior to the academies (June 12).
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and some college coursework
- CPR and First Aid certifications current through August 2013
- Experience working with young students
- Demonstrated reliability, teamwork, and follow-through
- Driver's license and reliable personal vehicle for work-related driving on campus
- Availability for all dates listed above
- Strong references
Salary: $11.44 per hour
In accordance with Virginia Community College System guidelines, rank and salary are dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Application Package must include:
- Virginia Employment Application
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references
Mail application package to:
Piedmont Virginia Community College
501 College Drive
Charlottesville VA 22902
Deadline: Open until filled
Piedmont Virginia Community College is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.