Position Title: Health Science Lab Manager
Division/Office: Health & Life Sciences
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Nursing Programs
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reference, criminal background checks required.
Piedmont Virginia Community College is searching for a full-time instructional lab manager. The successful candidate will be qualified to teach the nursing skills/clinical and have organizational skills necessary to ensure that five (5) health science lab have sufficient supplies and working equipment available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the day-to-day management of all health science labs and nurse aide instruction.
- Manage all health science labs by maintaining needed inventory and set up and take down of labs as directed by program directors (50% time);
- Maintain open lab hours for student practice and retention/ remediation activities as needed;
- Serve on college committees as assigned;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the director of nursing programs.
- Associate degree in Nursing;
- Valid license to practice nursing in Virginia;
- Recent clinical experience in a long-term care facility;
- Recent experience teaching adults or certificate in adult education
- Bachelor's degree in nursing;
- Previous experience teaching nurse aide courses;
- Use of current electronic instructional technologies (e.g., multimedia, Internet);
- Experience with simulation instruction;
- Experience with inventory and ordering supplies.
In order to better serve our customers, PVCC will only accept online applications submitted through the Virginia Jobs site for this position. PVCC will not accept hand-delivered applications or applications submitted by mail, email, or fax. Cover letters, resume/curriculum vitae, and unofficial transcripts must be attached electronically to the online application.
Salary: Starting range $35,000-40,000
Application Package must include:
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references
Deadline: Open until filled
Piedmont Virginia Community College is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.