This tutorial attempts to cover the following topics:
What's it like to take a Distance Learning course?
- How is it different from a course on campus?
- How do I communicate with my instructor and classmates?
- How are assignments handled?
- How is my learning assessed?
- What can I do to make sure I am successful as an online student?
Using the VCCS Applications (Blackboard, Google Docs, and Email)
- Logging In
- My Institution
- My Courses
- Navigation buttons
- Posting Assignments
- Using VCCS Email
- Using Google Docs for Education
Using academic resources in your courses
- Library resources
- Learning Center
Getting help when you need it
- Blackboard student help
- Access problems
- Course questions
- Computer problems