Graduation requirements, including the number of credits required for associate degrees and certificates, are detailed in the current PVCC Catalog.
In order to be awarded a degree or certificate, you must:
- Be officially enrolled in a program of study (curriculum)
- Complete all course requirements for your program of study
- Resolve all financial obligations to the college
- Complete the PVCC Exit Survey and any required Exit Assessments
Apply to Graduate
Fall 2013 Semester: October 15, 2013
Spring 2014 Semester: March 15, 2014
Am I ready to apply?
You can apply for graduation if you have done the following:
Met with your academic advisor or counselor and determined that you will complete all the coursework required for your degree or certificate this semester or next semester.
Submitted any and all approved waivers, course substitutions, and/or transfer or life experience credits to the PVCC Admissions & Advising Center for evaluation.
How do I apply?
Submit a completed Graduation Application online. Applying online accomplishes three important tasks:
- Your official request to graduate is submitted to Records and Enrollment. The information you provide will be used to communicate with you about any requirements you still need to complete, as well as the commencement exercises, if you plan to participate in commencement. (Please note that participation in PVCC's commencement ceremony does not denote official certification of a degree or certificate. Your graduation is official only after all curriculum requirements have been met and documented by Records and Enrollment. For more information, see PVCC's Commencement web page.
- You complete the Graduate Exit Survey. The online Graduation Application includes the Graduate Exit Survey. On the survey you are asked to provide feedback about your experience as a student at PVCC and information about your future plans for education and/or employment. Survey results are used to improve programs and services at the college.
- If you are completing your Associate Degree, you will receive information about required Exit Assessments in a letter from the Vice President for Instruction and Student Services. This letter will be mailed the week after the graduation application deadline for each semester.