Explore career options. Make an appointment with a Career Counselor.
Email, call 434.961.5264 or stop by the Career Services Office in Room M128 in PVCC's Main Building. Our Career Counselors will collaborate with you on the following:
- Career Assessment - Who Am I? Based on your individual interests, attitudes and values, you'll discover which career areas are your most compatible possibilities.
- Career Exploration - Where Am I Going? Learn more about your career possibilities through online and printed resources. We'll also advise you about a suitable program of study that can direct you toward your career of choice.
Our Career Services Manager will help you:
- Job Search - How Do I Get There? You'll learn job-search strategies, how to prepare your resume, cover letters and job applications and how to interview and negotiate a salary.
- Arrange an Internship - An internship integrates classroom study with work-related experience in business, industry, government, nonprofits or professional associations.
- Arrange a Work-Study Position - A work-study position is a part-time job at PVCC for students who have qualified for work-study through PVCC's Financial Aid Office.
Explore careers with these online resources.
America's Career Infonet
How To Become Any Career
Virginia Education Wizard
Virginia View: Virginia Career Information System
What Can I Do With This Major?