How PVCC Career Coaches Can Help
PVCC Career Coaches work on-site in local high schools to help high school seniors and those taking PVCC dual enrollment classes to explore their future career and employment options and successfully plan for two- or four-year colleges or universities.
Career Coaches' Services Include:
- Career assessments
- Career planning/coaching
- Selection of a program of study
- The PVCC admissions process, which includes the online application, financial aid application and registration for classes
- Placement testing
- Developing individual career plans
- Relating information on careers, career pathways and related employment
- Connecting students to dual enrollment
- Easing the transition from high school to post-secondary education
- Mentoring students through the job-search process after graduation
Career Coaches + High School Students = Success
More than 70 percent of high school students who work with a Career Coach decide to continue their education beyond high school. We think that's important since two-thirds of all jobs available today require education and training beyond high school.
Choose from the buttons below and the topics at left. Feel free to contact us directly for specific questions.