Audit courses carry no credit and do not count as a part of the student's course load. Generally, the college does not encourage students to enroll in credit courses on an audit basis.
Students who wish to attend a course without receiving academic credit must follow the instructions below:
- Apply to PVCC. After completing your online application, you will receive an EmplID number on the confirmation page. Please have this number available as you complete the registration process.
- If appropriate, take placement tests in the Learning Center at PVCC (Room M607, Main Building). Please click here to determine need for placement testing. The Learning Center offers placement tests free of charge.
- Obtain a "Petition to Audit" form. Click here to download and print the form or pick up a form in the Admissions & Advising Center (Room M144, Main Building).
- Contact class instructor and appropriate division dean for approval signatures needed on the "Petition to Audit" form.
- Return the completed form to the Admissions & Advising Center by the "Last Day to Register/Add/Audit" deadline, as noted in the Academic Calendar. Please return the form in person.
- The Admissions & Advising Center will register you for the course.
- Pay tuition and fees at MyPVCC or set up automatic payments through Nelnet (formerly FACTS). When you register for classes, the Student Information System will indicate how much you owe. Tuition must be paid before attending class.
- Purchase textbooks from the PVCC Bookstore or PVCC's Used Book Web site. PVCC's Bookstore is located in the Main Building.
Students desiring to change status in a course from an audit to credit must do so during the drop/add period for that course. See the Academic Calendar. Students must adhere to the instructor's attendance policy when they audit.
If you are a student with a disability, please click here for information on PVCC's disability services.