To achieve the goals of the QEP, PVCC will implement the following strategies:
- Revising first-year college composition courses to include expanded writing requirements, specific instruction in grammar and punctuation and engagement in writing process activities
- Implementing a new PVCC Writing Rubric to provide a common language and format for assessment of student writing and formative feedback to students
- Integrating writing-to-learn and writing process activities into required information technology and computer science courses
- Implementing a Writing Intensive course requirement in each associate degree program
- Expanding the role of PVCC's Writing Center in providing writing tutoring and other resources
- Providing faculty professional development on writing strategies and assessment.