In early 2007, PVCC introduced a new brand, our promise of what the College intends to offer to the stakeholders that we serve - students, businesses and communities in our service region. Since September 1972 when PVCC first opened its doors, we have focused on providing opportunity, access and excellence through our programs and services; hence, our brand reflects this emphasis through the tagline Opportunity. Access. Excellence.
Our burgundy and blue logo along with the tagline depict the PVCC brand. The blue swipe above the PVCC acronym represents the adage that "the sky is the limit." It also symbolizes the picturesque, mountainous region in which the College is located and the College's scenic campus situated on a rolling hillside in Albemarle County, Virginia.
How does PVCC deliver on our promise? Click the choices below.
PVCC offers opportunity through...
- A variety of associate degree programs, certificates, career studies certificates and individual classes
- Transfer agreements with more than twenty four-year Virginia universities and colleges for PVCC graduates to pursue their baccalaureate degree
- Personal enrichment courses for the sheer fun of learning
- Contractor licensing to meet the construction industry's workforce needs
- Business services such as strategic planning, customized training and job assessment to help regional employers to succeed
- A full season of performance and fine arts programming to enrich the lives of individuals in our service region
PVCC offers access through...
- Our open enrollment policy. Students without a high-school diploma or GED can take placement testing to enroll at PVCC.
- Affordable tuition. PVCC tuition is approximately one-third that of four-year institutions in Virginia.
- Financial aid opportunities with grants, loans and scholarships
- Enrollment part time or full time
- Classes that fit lifestyles. Among the options are day, evening and weekend classes; Web-based; onsite at PVCC; off-site at various locations throughout our service region; hybrid classes that combine online and classroom work, etc.
- Developmental programs to prepare new students for college-level work
PVCC offers excellence through...
- Accomplished, dedicated faculty. PVCC has one of the highest rates of faculty with doctorate degrees in the Virginia Community College System.
- A student Honors Program and a chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, the national honor society for two-year colleges
- State, regional and national recognition earned by faculty, staff and students, e.g., several PVCC students have been named a top 20 Community College Student among the more than 5 million community college students in the U.S. Several PVCC faculty have been honored with the SCHEV (State Council for Higher Education in Virginia) Outstanding Faculty Award.
- Utilization of information technology to enable academic innovation in teaching and learning
- Accreditation by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Nursing program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
- Surgical technology and emergency medical services programs accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs